When someone is working in any contagious environment or anywhere that requires appropriate personal protection, the use of Medical Gloves is mandatory. It helps the user in keeping themselves shielded against infection. Usage of these pieces of equipment prevents the fear of spreading infection and illness at the time of medical procedures and other examinations.
Recommended precautions before using Medical Gloves
The user must adopt the following defences before using Medical Gloves:
- The gloves should be in a sterile condition.
- Users must wash their hands before using the gloves.
- You must ensure that the gloves befit you.
- Don’t let sharp objects penetrate and puncture the gloves while treating patients.
- Used or ripped gloves must not be used.
- Rinse your hands with soap and other toiletries and water after you put the gloves off your hand.
- These gloves are disposable; these are built for single use only.
- Do not share your gloves with any other person; the contra-effect is equally applicable.
Use of Medical Gloves in the Healthcare Environment
Medical Gloves are essential types of equipment for professionals working in the healthcare environment. The use of these devices creates safety zones for both the patients as well as for the professional healthcare services providers there.
This is since such apparatus are disposable and thus are single-use items. You will get kinds of stuff that are provided with powdered corn-starch. The starch corn helps in making the products lubricating a bit. It helps accelerate both the processes of putting on and disposing of.
The latest modification in the process involves the use of Nitrile in the production. The use of lubricating material like corn-starch in gloves is seen to cause allergic reactions and healing injuries. Textured gloves pieces are also recommended as these products impart smoothness of use. These are argued to bring more softness in gripping, thus conveying comfort in the whole process.
Types of Medical Gloves
Healthcare gloves are of two types:
- Exam Gloves
- Surgical Gloves
The former variety is used while carrying regular tasks in a healthcare unit. These will involve working with the routine check-up of patients or handling of sensitive materials.
The latter one, i.e., the Surgical Gloves, is made sterile. Only one pair of gloves is sent in a single packet. These are appropriately sized so that the devices make the right fit for the users.
The right kind of fitness allows surgeons to carry out their jobs more efficiently and accurately. These gloves themselves are too sensitive to the purposes for which these are used. Since these are used in Intensive Care Units, no compromise over quality is entertained.
Essential features of Medical Gloves
- Medical Gloves provide security to the user’s hand; therefore, these are more pertinent for use in a medical lab and similar organizations. The barriers over the skin created by Medical Gloves help the users stay away from harmful pathogens and several other contaminants.
- The gloves help in retaining grip and offering sensitivity of the hand. It is an excellent advantage over other types of gloves available in the market. The users thus can act with more prominence. Delicate jobs feel easy-performing.
Another unique feature is that the Medical Gloves offer resistances against the penetration of chemical substances. Infection or allergies are thus could be avoided.
The Medical Gloves used in medical units are available in alternating thickness and different product designs. Models are offering sharp resistances to sharp objects. Therefore, users will never be scared of needle-stick and other penetration injuries. Some units like to use double gloves. It implies using two pairs of gloves, helping the reduction of penetration injuries to a further extent.