As someone who owns plenty of different eyeglasses, from reading glasses to sunglasses, you may be on the lookout for the right way to clean your eyeglass cleaning cloth that you have been using for ages now. Sure, using an eyeglass cleaning cloth could help remove smudges on your specs and take away the streaks for you to have a clear vision. However, it is also important to understand that these eyeglass cleaning cloths need to be cleaned as well. In fact, by not using the right method to clean your eyeglass cleaning cloth, you could significantly damage the cloth and therefore incur a massive cost in repairing your eyeglasses due to the cloth’s inability to clean your eyeglasses properly.
Here are some of the basic cleaning methods for an eyeglass cleaning cloth:
- Firstly, you could simply hold the eyeglass cleaning cloth over your trash bin and shake it vigorously. Doing so will loosen up and remove any dust particles that are all loosely sitting on the cloth.
- After which, you could hold the cloth and blow off the dust and dirt on the cloth using some amount of compressed air. These are perfect for the cloth that is also used to clean your computer keyboards and screens.
- Apart from that, using a blow dryer to blow out the lens cleaning cloth is also a way to go about cleaning your eyeglass cleaning cloth. Ensure that you use the lowest setting on your hairdryer and that the dryer is left inches away from your cloth so as not to burn the cloth itself.
What can you do to hand wash your eyeglass cleaning cloth?
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- In a small container, pour cold water.
- Next, add a few drops of mild soap, such as your dishwashing soap or any gentle liquid soap.
- After which, you should store and combine the soap very well with the water.
- Then, place the cloth in this container of soapy water and soak for about five minutes or longer, depending on the amount of dust accumulation and the frequency of washing this cloth.
- After this, ensure that you remove the cloth from the container of soapy water and squeeze out all of the water from it.
- Next, ensure that you run the cloth under cold water until all of this soap is rinsed out from the cloth. You may have to wring it a couple of times to get all of the water out, including the soap.
- Now let the cloth flat on any flat surface for it to dry.
Is it Possible to Machine Wash Your Eyeglass Cleaning Cloth?
A lot of people may wonder if one has to hand wash the glass cleaning cloth or candy machine wash it as well. Experts state that you can also wash the cloth in the washing machine by simply tossing it in when you have your next round of laundry. However, ensure that the water used during this process is called water as it is the ideal way of cleaning your eyeglass cleaning cloth.
These are all of the tips you need to keep in mind when cleaning your eyeglass cleaning cloth or eyeglass pouches bought wholesale. Following all this will ensure that your cloth is in perfect condition even after regular washing.