In simple language, digital process printing is the process of printing any digital based images and text on various substrates of media. Any digital file can be directly sent to the press so as to print them on any paper, canvas, synthetics, fabric, cardstock or any other substrates.
There is a basic difference between the digital and offset printing. Let us understand how they are different.
- Digital process printings do not need any printing plates whereas the traditional printing like offset printing does need a printing plate. Instead any image can be transferred directly onto the substrate.
- The technology of digital process printing is developing daily hence allowing to have a better quality of printing.
- Unlike the offset printing the digital printing is also cost effective, have fast turnarounds.
Let Us Know The Procedure Of How A Digital Printer Works
The digital process of printing assembles all the images that are ready to print from a set of numbers and formulas. These Digital printers are based on inkjet or toner. The inkjet printer results in an image by mapping out droplets of ink onto the chosen surface. The printer that uses toner that is a fine plastic based powder, produces that are smaller in size than that of the inkjet and it comes out dry.
Knowing The Different Advantages Of Digital Process Printing
- Saves Time– The digital process printing works much faster than the traditional way of printing. All that you have to do is select the image that you want to print the rest will be done by the digital printer itself.
- Customization- Customize the image as per your choice and your needs and it will print any high resolution file in a great quality.
- Less chance of distortion of image- As mentioned earlier the Digital printing is improving everyday it result in a great quality image. The non-contact printing process of digital printing helps less distortion of any image.
- More chances of development– With improvements every day there is a great chance to develop the quality of image printing.
- Cost effective- As it saves a lot of time and is a process that is quite effective therefore it is quite obvious that it is cost effective and is much cheaper than the traditional printing. You can print only as much is needed with the digital. The digital printer is faster to set up and is ideal for even a small printing.
The Disadvantages Of Choosing The Digital Process Printing
Although it has all these advantages, nevertheless it has few disadvantages. Let us take a look at them.
- Digital printing is quite cost effective while working with smaller quantities whereas while working with huge quantities it is not cost effective.
- The colour quality of digital process of printing is not as good as offset printing
- The colour in the digital printing does not absorb into the paper in the way the offset printing does.
The digital printing is an option that most of the people choose for these days as these saves a lot of time for printing any image. These printers use Inkjet there it reduces the wastage of the ink as it only ejects ink to only those parts that is to be printed. Moreover it does use a metal plate therefore it reduces the cleaning process of the plates as well. It is also very simple therefore anyone can print using it. It is very simple to use therefore it does not require any knowledge of blending ink. The digital printer works without plate therefore it ensures to have given a quick delivery.