A piano is an amazing investment that will provide your house with the gift of music. However, it may cause individuals to be more careful when it comes to relocating a piano. A musical sound may be produced by a piano mover, which is a huge, unhandy, awkwardly formed, and costly instrument that can weigh anywhere from 500 to 1300 pounds.
It is strongly advised that, while transferring a piano from one place to another, you engage experienced piano movers. These movers will take the utmost care to guarantee that your priceless musical instrument is moved successfully and without incident.
Four Reasons to Consider an Experienced Piano Mover for Your Next Move:
This section of the article highlights several important reasons why you need to look out for professional piano movers; read on to know more in detail!
Pianos are pricey:
The cost of a piano may vary anywhere from a few thousand dollars to one hundred thousand dollars. A little scratch or dent in your piano may have a huge impact on the sound it produces, and it can set you back a thousand dollars to have it fixed. Therefore, spending a little bit of money upfront on piano movers who are professionals might end up saving you a significant lot of cash in the long term.
You will require a safe hand to perform this operation using proper techniques and equipment to get the piano moved safely. You can hire a piano mover to do this job for you and they can easily transmit it for you in no time.
Pianos are fragile:
Even while it seemed to be tough and durable, the piano featured many fragile components, including stings, petals, keys, and hammers, among other things, all of which are susceptible to damage with even the smallest amount of improper treatment. Seek the assistance of a trained specialist if you aren’t used to dealing with the sensitivity of these components.
Adjust the Handles According to the Type of Piano:
Depending on the kind of piano you wish to move, you’ll need to use many different ways and exercise great caution. Depending on the sort of piano you own, here are some helpful hints.
The professionals can transport the piano rapidly and safely from one place to another. You will also have to do some good research to find out the piano movers in your area, which can easily make sure that the piano gets to the destination and door framing, stairs and walls are left unchanged.
If you have sufficient personnel and protective equipment with you, such as moving blankets, a furniture dolly, and straps, then you may not need the assistance of a professional to move an upright piano.
- Grand: It is advised that you use professional piano movers. They are big and fragile, so they need to be handled by people with experience. Ensure you have the necessary tools, such as a piano board, a furniture dolly, blankets, and straps. It is highly advised that you seek the assistance of a professional unless you are experienced in moving pianos yourself. They are very pricey and weigh one thousand pounds each.
- Preparation: You should take note of the full weight of your piano, and you should ask for manpower accordingly. Write down all of the dimensions of your piano as well as the measurements of the door you want to use to go through your piano. Specify the specific route you want to follow when transporting your piano. Take out any roadblocks that could be in the way.
Check again to make sure you have all the tools and materials you need:
It is imperative that you transport your piano using a piano board, a furniture dolly, blankets, straps, and shrink wrap.
Care and Maintenance of Your Piano:
make some people make attempt to transport their pianos. On their own, just for the sake of saving a few pennies. Finally, they conclude with causing unnecessary damage to their expensive assets. It also results in costly repairs. If you want to stay out of such an unexpected incident, then better hire a professional mover for carrying on with the job on your behalf.
- Before moving your piano, you need to ensure that it is well-taped and covered with furniture blankets.
- Make sure that a lid protects the keyboard and that it does not open while you are transporting it. Take off the legs and the wheels, and then cover them individually.
- If you own a grand piano, take extra precautions to disassemble it. It properly and wrap each component in a furniture blanket before transferring it.
Check that you have enough people to raise the piano before you start. To prevent the piano from toppling over, you should give each person the same amount of weight to carry. If you are unsure whether or not you have enough people to accept the piano correctly, you shouldn’t be afraid to hire professional piano movers. If you want to transfer your piano, I hope this post is helpful to you.