When it’s about choosing the right kind of flooring for a commercial space, then epoxy flooring takes the lead. It is one of the best choices because it offers a wide spectrum of features, which make it a very good choice for flooring. For example, epoxy flooring is considered to be durable, long-lasting, stain-resistant, offers lustre, chemical-resistant, and so on, making it a great choice for high-traffic areas or commercial complexes. To get the best epoxy flooring, you must choose the right contractor.
What Are the Different Kinds of Epoxy Paints Available in The Market?
- When we talk about the different types of epoxy paints, the followings are a few popular variants,
- Solid epoxy coatings – This is the purest form of epoxy coating that hardens very easily. You would need specialized services for the same.
- Solvent-base epoxy coatings – It comes with 40-60% solid materials that penetrate the concrete.
- Water-based epoxy coating- These are comparatively easy to apply. It consists of solid materials, and you can easily find them in your nearest store.
Key Features Of Epoxy Flooring:
Before you go ahead you need to understand what are the key features of epoxy flooring :
- Durability- One of the reasons people go for epoxy flooring is because it offers durability. The epoxy coating consists of cross-linking molecules that bind together to harden and give a surface the right look. This cross-linking makes the coating hard and durable, thus making it good for commercial use. It also resists chemicals and heat, thus making it one of the most durable choices for industrial and commercial usage.
- Ease of maintenance: If you are looking for the flooring options for commercial spaces, then you have to choose a flooring option that is easy to maintain. Epoxy flooring is easy to clean and doesn’t allow the grime and grease to stick to it.
- It is eco-friendly: The longevity factor of epoxy flooring reduces the need to replace or repair it, thus reducing any wastes, which otherwise has to be dumped out, making it harmful for the environment. Lesser wastage means a lesser impact on the environment, and hence, epoxy flooring becomes a great environment friendly choice.
- Versatility: One of the reasons people choose epoxy flooring is that it offers versatility. You can create the desired look by adding different stains or particles. Based on the interior, you can choose a preferable type.
- Cost-effective: As mentioned above, epoxy flooring lasts longer, and if maintained regularly, there is a lesser need for repair or replacement, so as compared to other flooring options; epoxy flooring becomes a great choice for those who are looking for the aesthetically appealing, functional and cost-effective flooring solution.
Steps To Install Epoxy Flooring
- Arrange the raw materials– The first step is to arrange everything that is required for installing the epoxy flooring at one place. It includes machinery like a vacuum, hose pipe, stiff bristle brush, drillers, paintbrushes, epoxy paints, plastic bags, etc. A professional contractor will get with him all the equipment.
- Preparing the surface– Once you have all the equipment in place, the next step would be to prepare the surface by cleaning it and removing all the dust. If there are any oil stains, then you must make use of stiff bristle brushes to get rid of the oil stains.
- Preparing the epoxy mix- Once the preparation of the floor is done, the next step is to prepare the epoxy mix. Make sure you mix the epoxy mixture slowly so that there are no air bubbles, this ensures the formation of a seamless mixture. Lay the flooring and leave it for 24- 40 hours allowing it to dry.
Conclusion – Epoxy flooring is a great flooring option; it is durable, long-lasting, affordable, and aesthetically appealing.