Taco salad has been the favorite snack for adults and kids for decades due to the presence of delightful and crunchy Doritos, shredded cheese, and goodness of veggies. It is one of the satisfying and mouth-watering weeknight recipes and does not take much time for preparation. Family and friends love this taco salad recipe filled with fresh, nutritious ingredients and lots of greens.
If you wish to put meat in your taco salad, use ground turkey rather than group beef. To keep the recipe completely home-made, you can even choose to bake tortilla chips at home. To do so, sprinkle olive oil on corn tortillas and season with salt. Cut into wedges and bake for 10-15 minutes until they turn golden brown. Check out the below-mentioned recipe of yummilicious taco salad:
Ingredients for Taco Salad:
- Olive oil(for sauteing)
- 85% lean Angus ground beef
- Roasted salsa: any bottled salsa
- Chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro(for a fresh finish)
- Romaine Lettuce/any other lettuce/green leaves/Spinach
- Tortilla chips/Doritos
- Mexican cheese
- Sour cream
1.Take a 12-inch non-stick skillet and add olive oil to it.
- Let the olive oil heat on medium flame and meanwhile crumble the beef in chunks.
- Put the beef in a skillet and let it turn golden brown. Turn the sides to cook it evenly from all sides.
- Drain extra fat from the beef and put the beef in a separate bowl.
- Add bottled salsa, chili powder, and cumin in the skillet and stir them together.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste and heat it for one more minute.
- Now add beef to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat.
- Take serving plates and layer them with lettuce or other greens.
- Top with a mixture of beef and add tortilla chips or Doritos.
- Garnish with tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and shredded cheese and serve immediately.
Tip: Chop and prepare the toppings such as tomatoes, avocado while the ground beef is cooking. You can even buy pre-cut romaine lettuce from the grocery store to save preparation time. Replace ground beef with cottage cheese if you wish to keep taco salad vegetarian.
Enjoy this light, mouth-watering healthy taco salad recipe with your loved ones while enjoying the weekend!