Concrete grinding & polishing is one of the most widely used processes to smooth down rough surface of concrete to make it shiny and smooth. High-power concrete grinders with sandpaper like discs are used for the process. Once the surface is ground with diamond included discs, they are then replaced with finer grit discs to give it a polished finish. In the final stages, a polish is applied on the surface to clean up any residue and give the surface an additional sheen. The combination of grinding and polishing processes can result in a striking, smooth surface resembling the look of polished stone.
Why Opt For Concrete Grinding & Polishing?
There are numerous benefits attached with concrete grinding & polishing of floors in residential, industrial and commercial spaces. Because of their strength, durability and look, these floors are ideal for a variety of applications, including warehouses, manufacturing plants, automotive showrooms, laboratories, office buildings, schools, universities, hospitals, malls, retail store, etc. Such floors can prove to be long-term flooring solutions for such places. Let’s have a look at the several benefits of finishing the floor with this process.
- Durable: After concrete grinding & polishing, the flooring made up of regular concrete becomes extremely strong, hard and durable. Such flooring can hold up perfectly even in high traffic conditions. They are also highly resistant to chips, stains and discoloration. Once your concrete flooring is treated with this process, it no longer needs frequent resurfacing and regular waxing.
- Cost-effective: Once the concrete floor is ground and polished, it receives a beautiful shiny surface that looks like stone flooring or any other costly flooring material. However, it is still concrete and the process of grinding and polishing does not cost much either. The materials used for the process are also cheap, and the labor costs are also reasonable. So, you get expensive looking flooring at a fraction of the cost.
- Aesthetically appealing: The process of concrete grinding & polishing brings out the natural sheen of the concrete. Concrete stains can also be applied on polished surface of concrete to give it the look of an expensive stone, like granite or marble. With minimal maintenance needs, it can retain its beautiful and stylish look for several years to come.
- Low maintenance needs: The process of concrete grinding & polishing increases durability of the concrete surface, as a result of which it becomes longer lasting than any other flooring surface, including stone tiles and vinyl tiles. Regular sweeping and mopping are enough to remove dust and debris from the flooring, which means it has minimal maintenance needs as compared to other flooring options. Depending on the traffic it receives, the flooring needs refinishing every 5-10 years to restore its beauty and shine, but that process is also very quick and easy, and does not take much of resources.
- Environment friendly: The process of grinding and polishing concrete is sustainable and environment friendly. This is because it does not create large amounts of waste during installation, and no harsh chemicals are involved in the entire process. It also eliminates any possibility of mildew, mould and dust, due to which your indoor air quality is improved and people with allergies can stay safe and comfortable.
- Energy saving: Since the flooring receives a highly glossy and reflective surface after concrete grinding & polishing, it reflects light and reduce your lighting costs. As a result of which, you save energy and energy costs are also reduced to a great extent.
So, if you are looking for a durable, inexpensive, aesthetically appealing and environment friendly flooring solution with low maintenance needs, then concrete grinding tools & polishing tools would be the perfect solution for you. Keep all the above-mentioned benefits in mind and go for it without any second thoughts.