When it comes to incontinences, there are various types of incontinences which leads to uncontrollable urination or fecal movement, occasionally or all the time. Though in most cases women tend to suffer from incontinence even men suffer from issues of incontinence and may require quality adult incontinence pads to deal with the problem. Incontinence are particularly of few types and the basic categorizations includes:
Urge Incontinence or Overactive Bladder
This is the condition when the patient is led to soiling the underpants due to sudden or acute urge of urination or bowel movement.
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
This is referred to any sudden pressure on the urinary bladder which leads to involuntary urination. This can be caused by stress, laughter, or any sudden expression which exerts pressure on the urinary bladder.
This is the type of incontinence when the urinary bladder is not able to hold the volume of urine produced. This can be due to various physical and health conditions.
Any combination of two or more reasons leading to involuntary urination or passage of bowel is termed as mixed incontinence.
Incontinence is a common problem with millions of people across the world. However, the reason behind incontinence can be different and diverse. Since both men and women suffer from incontinence issues, the causes behind this also include both cases.
- In many cases the issue is age oriented and with increasing age the bladder muscles tend to lose their strength.
- Pregnancy as well as child birth sometimes also leads to incontinence issues however this might be temporary in most cases.
- During menopause, there is essentially low count of estrogen production inside the body which leads to involuntary urination.
- In men, prostate enlargement or even prostate cancers leads to incontinence issues.
- In women surgical conditions like that of hysterectomy surgery can be a cause behind sudden incontinence without any prior record of it.
- In many cases tumors within the urinary tracts or bladder can also lead to involuntary release of urine.
- One of the essential health issues behind incontinence can be critical neurological conditions like multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease.
Determining Quality Adult Incontinence Pads
When you buy an incontinence product you need to know certain essential factors like your incontinence level, that is high, medium, occasional etc as well the size of product which will fit you. Once you know both these details it becomes easier to choose from the wide range of products available in the market. Moreover, the quality of the product is not only determined by its comfort level, absorbency rate or material, even issues like body fit, extra comfort cuffs, side panels, wings, etc as well as level of mobility and features like odor control etc determine its quality. Therefore, when you are seeking to determine the range or the level of quality of an incontinence product you must consider the following factors invariably.
- Keep an eye if the product offers absorbency or level of incontinence control as assured by the product. A product which is labeled as high incontinence product must offer adequate long hours of absorbency.
- Checking on the fittings of the product is yet another vital factor that determines its quality. A product which offers poor fittings will essentially lead to leakages and comfort issues.
- A quality incontinence product must also allow free and flexible movement of the user.
- The design of the product is again a deciding factor to be a quality product since design leads to comfort and ease of use.
- Last but not the least, the material should be skin friendly which means it should not arouse skin irritations and should be safe for all types of skin.