Do you have plans of moving this 2019? If you do, you must be excited to start fresh in your new place. However, that feeling of excitement turns into anxiety and stress as there’s so much to be done in a move. From packing up all the belongings in your home to moving them to a new destination, the process can be incredibly overwhelming. Read on this article as we’ve come up with a guide to help you feel at peace with your relocation next year.
- Stay organized: When it comes to local or international moving, preparation and organization are the keys. Staying organized means you have to make lists of all the things that need to be accomplished before your official move-out date. Your moving checklist will serve as your guide to ensure a flawless relocation for you and your family. It contains everything you need to do – from scheduling a date and calculating costs to buying packing supplies, packing and looking for versatile movers for hire. You may also include in your list the hiring of a cleaning crew before your arrival and the transfer of all your utilities like electricity, water, and the Internet.
- Sell or donate unwanted items: Moving stuff can be costly. That said, it’ll help if you walk around your former house and determine if there are unwanted things you want to sell or donate to charitable institutions. Take a second look at your closets, cabinets, attics, drawers, and garages as you may find items that you can get rid of. Don’t feel sorry for everything you toss because this can be your great opportunity to cut down some of your possessions. Also, moving fewer boxes to your new home can help you feel much better especially when it comes to costs and unpacking.
- Prepare packing supplies: Packing is the hardest part of moving. Without proper supplies in place, the entire process will become more difficult if you’re packing up all your things on your own. Thus, it’s best to buy supplies ahead of time. For your moving boxes, check out the local grocery stores nearby as there may be an abundance of boxes that are going to be thrown at the end of the day. The store owner may be willing to give these boxes for free or have them sold at a lower price instead.Moreover, you’ll also need packing tapes and markers. Make sure you don’t skimp on these supplies and always choose those which are of high-quality. That way, you can be sure that all your belongings are boxed up in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Get your packing done earlier: Once you’ve gathered all the supplies you need, it’s time to deal with the most dreading chore in moving – the packing. Take time to plan, prepare, and organize to make packing much easier and faster. Pack by room and make sure you keep an inventory of what you’ve packed in the boxes. Seal the boxes with packing tapes and write down the name of the room and the designated number on each one of them. Remember, labeling your moving boxes can allow you to determine what’s precisely inside them, making unpacking easier and faster. However, if you opt to hire packers to pack for you, then you don’t need to worry about anything. You can ask them to handle fragile and more valuable items like kitchen wares, antiques, and pieces of furniture. After all, they are well-equipped in packing your stuff safely. Also, you can also insure your valuable possessions if you let the moving company wrap them for you.
- Hire a reputable moving company: Whether you’re moving to New York City or any other places this 2019, you may need the assistance of Movers NYC to help you survive the move. While moving is a costly endeavor, it’s essential to make good decisions when it comes to hiring a moving company. Do a background check on various companies and get to know their fees, policies, and moving services. Don’t forget to check their insurance policies and safety protocols for handling possessions in their truck. Get everything you’ve discussed in writing before you sign any contract with them.
As the year 2018 ends, planning your upcoming move next year can really be a perfect idea. It provides you with the opportunity to prepare ahead and be ready for the move. By following these helpful tips, you’ll have an idea of what to do, when, and how to do it. So, plan your move as early as now so you can make it a big success.