Flooring is one of the most important components of any building that you enter. People spend huge amounts of money to build floors which matches their overall construction. Building strong and good quality floors ensure that it can last you for years to come. So, if you are looking for a good flooring option, then vinyl flooring is one of the best you can avail in the market, today.
What is Vinyl Flooring?
Vinyl flooring is a type of resilient flooring, which is like composite flooring. This type of flooring is quite sturdy and versatile in nature. It has been around for many years, but the use of vinyl is a new addition to the materials used. Vinyl is often related to durability and if maintained properly can even last for more than 20 years. It has grown to be a favorite material for making floors due to these very qualities.
Advantages of using vinyl flooring
Vinyl flooring has a lot of advantages which every user can experience. Let us have a look at the advantages that vinyl flooring possesses:
- Low maintenance: Vinyl flooring is quite strong and long-lasting. Users will just need to make sure that dirt and dust are cleaned from the floor on a regular basis. Other than that vinyl flooring does not require any heavy maintenance.
- Water resistant: Vinyl is water resistant. This ensures that the flooring you install in your house or any other establishment will be resistant to water spilling. This gives you a peace of mind knowing that your floor will not be affected even if water drops on it.
- More comfortable: Vinyl flooring is much more comfortable to walk on as compared to other choices of flooring. It is generally gentle on your feet when compared to other materials and does not get cold during the winter season.
- Less expensive: When compared to other flooring materials, vinyl flooring is pretty less expensive and much easier to install as well. Therefore, getting vinyl flooring installed is a great value for money because it lasts for years just by investing lesser money. This is surely a big advantage.
So, an individual can reap these top advantages if they opt for using this material, rather than any other material available in the market.
Disadvantages of vinyl flooring
Vinyl flooring has a plethora of benefits, but at the same time, it has some disadvantages as well.
- Volatile organic chemicals: Vinyl is an organic material, and therefore many people do not prefer to install it because they can release toxic chemicals into the household.
- Non-biodegradable: Vinyl is absolutely non-biodegradable and therefore, it is a big non-biological waste source. This makes vinyl a very much non-environmental friendly object to use.
- Difficult to repair: Even though, vinyl is extremely durable and lasts for a long period of time, exceptions do remain. In case, there is any problem in the flooring, people do get it repaired. However, it is usually hard to repair and most of the time, they need to be replaced.
- Can lose color: After using it for a long period of time; it can get exposed to certain materials such as chemicals, rubber etc, this may cause the vinyl flooring to lose their color, significantly.
These were some of the disadvantages of installing the vinyl flooring. However, if the benefits fascinate you more, then you can always opt for vinyl flooring as the plethora of advantages that you gain will definitely work in your favor.
You can ask your local construction agent or flooring designer to give you more details or information about vinyl flooring.