Hydronics refers to the process of using liquid as a medium of heat-transfer in cooling or heating systems. The liquid medium commonly used in the system is water. Today, hydronic heating systems have become an efficient method of heating that are widely used beneath the floors (under floor heating) or on walls to radiate heat uniformly into the home.
They are also known as radiant heating; the system has gained immense popularity among the families who want optimal control and comfort, while saving on their monthly utility bills and reducing the environmental impact through greener choices.
Know More about Hydronic Heating System
A hydronic system comprises of three important parts and these are:
- Medium of heat transfer (water)
- Pipes (circulates water)
- Broiler (heats and reheats the water)
The water of this heating system first makes its way to the broiler. Then, heated water at preferable temperature is sent to different areas of the room through enclosed pipes. The pumps present trend to maintain constant flow, ensuring the heated water moves through the connected channels of pipe and the cooled water is sent back again to the broiler for reheating.
Hydronic systems are adored for their simplicity. Modern technology allows the system to deliver heat precisely exactly when and where it will be required. Several system configurations can be made, where each one of them can meet your comfort needs. Some hydronic heating systems are as simple as the tank-type heaters and others are equipped with one or multiple broilers that operate in different stages, releasing heat through the transmitters.
A properly designed and well-installed hydronic system can offer incredible fuel efficiency and comfort for your home. The process turns out to be beneficial in controlling temperature of specific zones across the home such as bedroom, living, kitchen or dining.
What Are the Advantages of Hydronic Heating System?
There are innumerable advantages of installing hydronic heating system in your home and some of them are explained below:
- Health: Unlike other forms of heating system, hydronics does not depend upon the movement of air to keep the home warm. With this you remain protected from allergens, dust or debris that would otherwise dramatically affect the overall health of your family and loved ones. When in search for a safer and healthier way to maintain suitable temperature indoors never forget the importance of hydronic heating.
- Comfort: A crucial element that must be taken into consideration when you are out there looking for the best heater is comfort. Hydronic systems are capable of taking your comfort to the next level with quieter operations (the systems work in complete silence and do not produce any wanted sounds) balanced humidity levels (it never dries out the heated area) warm floors and tiles (those tiles or floors that were earlier chilly get transformed into warm and cosy surface) and multiple zones (set the desired temperature at various zones of your home).
- Efficiency: The efficiency of hydronic heating systems indeed made them what they are. In fact, when compared to traditional forms of heating, these systems are able to save almost 50% more and that too with improved and lasting heat. A major reason behind this is water, which is an amazing conductor that ensures transfer of heat with minimal consumption of energy.
- Versatile Design: The homeowners can easily design the system based on the requirements that they have. For example, if you are planning to have a heating system for the walls, then you will need the hydronic heating on the walls. Here pipes will be routed along the specified channels without the need of extensive ductwork or any other hassles.