Choosing the right kind of bicycle is important for everyone. Since there is no perfect bicycle that suits every need of everyone, people can choose their cycles based on their personal needs and choices. Before purchasing a bicycle from a bicycle store and shop, it is important to keep certain things in mind.
Here are a Few Factors that you Need to Keep in Mind while Buying a Bicycle from a Bicycle Store and Shop:
- Need: The first thing to determine is the need for which you are purchasing the bicycle. This factor is different from one person to the other. Some people would purchase a bicycle for casual rides, some for exercising, some for commuting to different places, some for riding or racing and some for traveling to long distances. The need is the factor which will first and foremost help in choosing the right bicycle from the bicycle store and shop. There are different kinds of cycles to satisfy different needs, and understanding your need is a one step further for choosing the right bicycle for you.
- Height: Your height is another factor that matters while purchasing a bicycle. Your frame size will decide the kind of bicycle that you would feel comfortable while riding, and thereby will align to your height and weight accordingly.
- The Condition for Riding: The condition in which you would be riding your bicycle is also important. This is because if you are riding on a road which is hilly and steep, then you would need a bicycle which is perfect for such conditions. On the other hand, if you want to casually ride on a smooth road, then bicycles which would be suitable for those conditions would have to be purchased from a bicycle store and shop.
- Budget: The budget within which you can purchase the bicycle is another very important factor. None of the other factors would be important or applicable if you have a low budget. Hence the budget should be one of the first things which should be decided before you go to a bicycle store and shop.
Different Types of Bicycles found in the Market
There are different kinds of bicycles which you can choose based on the factors mentioned above. Here are a few popular types:
- Road Bikes: Road bikes are beneficial when you want to ride on a smooth road at a fast speed. They can be used for racing on roads and are quite lightweight, which makes them quite fast. They can be uncomfortable to ride on surfaces which are not smooth, and riding for longer durations on such surfaces can even harm the bicycle.
- Mountain Bikes: Mountain bikes are also known as MTBs, and as the name suggest, they are suitable for mountain riding and racing. The tires are strong enough to survive the harsh roads and surfaces of a mountain, no matter what the speed. They are suitable to remain safe in a mountain area, since the tires are really thick for a bicycle.
- Hybrid Bikes: They are a combination of both mountain cycles and road cycles and can be ridden on both surfaces. They can be used for casual riding as well as for racing. They are not as lightweight as road bikes, but they are sturdy enough run smoothly on all conditions of surfaces.
Finding the right kind of bicycles from a bicycle store and shop is very important for having a smooth and enjoyable riding experience. The factors should be carefully assessed so that you can get the right kind of bike for long-term usage.