The concept of designing doors and windows has changed a lot over these years. Earlier single glazed doors and windows were the craze, but now double glazed doors are chosen instead of that. The double glazed doors are uniquely designed doors that consist of the two glass panes. The gap between the windowpanes is very narrow which consists of the inert or the dry gas. If you precisely notice its architecture, you will see that one spacer is used between the two panes. There are several benefits of such door, though the two most significant benefits are that it, firstly, offers outstanding insulation and the other one is it renders utmost security to any home as well.
What are the Types of Glasses used?
Before buying the double glazed doors, just make sure that you go through the types of glasses available so that you can select the desired one.
- Thermally toughened glass: This type of double glazed doors made from the thermally toughened glass offering great protection to the inmates from fire and heat. In addition to that, it prevents the entry of acrid gases and smoke inside the home.
- Low e glass: The Low e glass or the low emissivity glass is perfect for any home because neither it leads to the fading of the wall colour nor it affects the home fabric. But at the same time, it keeps the intensity of the visible light as it is. The best part is that these glasses are thin which allows the long infrared rays to pass through it easily.
- Soundproof glass: Well if your residence is in proximity to the airport or close to areas where there is a high level of pandemonium, then it is always advisable to have the soundproof or the acoustic glass. This is because it reduces all kind of extra noises that might disturb the serenity of your home.
- Decorated glass: The decorated glass is another type of the double glazed doors that you can use it because it has a stellar range of textures and colours. In addition to that, it offers an eye stunning appeal to the door as well.
- Tinted glass: If you seriously want to keep a filter on the entry of the heat and sunrays then tinted is the best chosen among all the glass types for the double glazed doors.
- Reflection glass: Well if you want to have this type of the glasses then you might see that a reflective layer or film is attached on the doors that minimize the intensity of the heat.
- Safety glass: You have seen that when a glass door breaks, it gets shattered into small fragments and the sharp glasses might cause a wound. However, whenever you install the safety glass types then you can be relaxed because even though the glass breaks it will not fall into pieces. Rather it will stay intact into one place only.
These are some of the underlined overviews on the double glazed doors. Oftentimes you have seen that tiny droplets of water do settle on the door glass. Now the reason for that is because the air inside the room is hotter compared to the door and it leads to the condensation of the moisture on the window glass. But when the double glazed doors are used it avoids condensation because the interior door pane is closer to the temperature of the room. Therefore it protects the inmates to suffer from mild dew, moulds and another health-related issue. On the other hand, it also minimizes the cost incurred due to water-related damages.